As we wrap up the first two weeks of reopening the Dharma Bum Temple, I am deeply moved by the beauty of this community. It was so touching to see all the people who returned to the Temple and…Read more
WE HAVE REOPENED - SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
The Dharma Bum Temple and Buddha for You Gift Shop have reopened. Please click here for the formal announcement regarding new policies and procedures. Thank you for all the love and support during this difficult time. Below are some highlights to be aware of as we reopen:
- RSVP is required for Intro to Buddhism Saturday at 11am & Eightfold Path Recovery Sangha Tuesday at 7pm
- Masks will be required at the Temple and Gift Shop
- Classes in the main hall will be limited to 40 people
- Classes in the Buddha for You meditation hall will be limited to 17 people
- Seating will be socially distanced
- Temple is open for scheduled classes in addition to Saturdays 12pm-3pm & Sundays 12pm-3pm
- Temple will open one hour prior to each class
- Some classes are in-person, some virtual and some both
- The Gift Shop is open Saturday 12pm-3pm, Sunday 11:30am-3pm and Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6pm-7pm
The Dharma Bum Temple is a home for the study and practice of Buddhism, yet we do not advocate one particular school of Buddhism. Our community is simply a bridge for people to learn how to make change within their own life and be of benefit to others.
The Dharma Bums focus on The Four Noble Truths, Eightfold Path and Six Paramitas. To speak about Buddhism is not enough, one must practice these basic Buddhist principles. Through diligent practice one will begin to realize the cause of their suffering, thus moving beyond suffering for the benefit of all beings. When one enters the stream of Buddhism it can be confusing, so we help make it easier to understand.
The Dharma Bum Temple offers Introduction to Buddhism and Meditation Services, Dharma Talks, Homeless Outreach, Prison Outreach, Dharma Bum Kids, Dharma Bum Teens, Dharma Bum Life Program, Visiting Monks, Nuns & Buddhist Scholars, Silent Retreats, Morning Meditation Services, Meditation and Intro to Buddhism Classes in Spanish, Buddhist Recovery Program for Overcoming Addictions, Co-Ed Buddhist Fraternity, College Meditation Groups and More - ALL FOR FREE!
The Dharma Bums are disciples of the Buddha, practitioners of the Dharma and caretakers of the Sangha.